Friday, October 14, 2011

I am the .00000033%

And so are you.  1 in 300 million.  Now what?

I'm trying to keep an open mind about this occupy wall street thing, but most of what I am seeing is overly entitled young people who don't think that they should have to endure the consequences of their own choices and a lot of the same naive (if I'm generous) and tired anti-capitalist and anti-globalization garbage. A lot of the occupiers seem to get part of the problem, that there is far too cozy a relationship between government and big business.  But even the less crazy protesters seem to think that more government power to regulate, control wages, etc. will somehow help this situation.  More government means more favors to hand out to big business.

Some amusing related links:


www.latf99p.com - Pithy comments on "99%ers" images.

Adendum:  Not sure if this is performance art, sincere activism (OK, I'm pretty sure it's not that), or what, but I like it.  Goes well with my "Fuck Peace" protest sign.  Do I know her?

No comments:

Post a Comment